The advance of the Coronavirus throughout the planet seems unstoppable so far. The sports and entertainment industry had been highly affected too. Many sporting events had been canceled due to the growing pandemic.
Major Sporting Events Cancelled As COVID-19 Spreads
The situation seems to lead to a suspension of all activities related to the sports industry. This follows that even sports betting has come to a stop and as a result bettors are looking into other betting activities online such as the Judi Slot. So here we leave you with the list of events that have been postponed and/or canceled throughout the entire world.
- Eurocup. UEFA has agreed to the requests of the national leagues and the Eurocup will be held one year later than planned, that is to say in 2021. The Eurocup had to be held from June 12 to July 12, but after The summit held yesterday will be held from June 11 to July 11, 2021.
- Copa América. The tournament, which was to be held in Argentina and Colombia between June 12 and July 12, to 2021. The entire format will be maintained, but next year. The only thing that would change are the dates, which will be from June 11 to July 11, 2021
- Champions League. Suspended the return of the remaining four games of the round of 16 next week. The following competition dates are scheduled for April 7 and 8 (quarter-final round), April 14 and 15 (quarter-final round), April 28 and 29 (semifinal round), May 5 and 6 (return of the semifinals) and May 30 (final). It seems that the entire calendar will be modified both by new suspensions and by the need to find a date for the postponed matches.
- Europe League. Pending confirmation of the dispute this Thursday the first leg of the round of 16, whose return is scheduled for Thursday 19. To see if they will play the games or have to find a new date, they remain, waiting for possible cancellations, the dates for quarterfinals (April 9 and 16), semifinals (April 30 and May 7) and final (May 27).
- Liga. LaLiga Santander and LaLiga Smartbank are scheduled to resume on the weekend of April 4 and 5, both competitions with two days to recover after the suspension of the 28th and 29th days in the First and the 32nd and 33rd in second.
- Iberdrola Women’s League. Suspension of the scheduled days this weekend and next. Resumption scheduled for the weekend of March 28 and 29.
- Copa del Rey. The final between Athletic and Real Sociedad, scheduled to start on April 18, has been postponed and there is no scheduled date, for now.
- International leagues. Italian Serie A is suspended until at least April 3, a reference date also for other championships, such as the Premier League and the Bundesliga. The Ligue 1 francea has no scheduled date to try to play again.
- Cup Libertadores. The competition has been stopped until the beginning of May.
- Futsal. The LNFS plans to resume on the weekend of March 28 and 29 after the suspension of the scheduled days this week and next.
Suspension from the ATP circuit for the next six weeks, includes Miami Masters 1000 and Indian Wells; Fed Cup.
NBA and Basketball Euroleague.
Formula 1 Shanghai GP, Bahrain GP (no audience so far); Moto GP Qatar, the general calendar was rescheduled for the month of May; Formula E: E-Prix from Indonesia, China and Italy.
Gymnastics World Cup; World Indoor Athletics.
Sport has not been oblivious to this situation and there are already known cases of athletes affected by the disease. In addition, sporting events without an audience have already been held to avoid potential sources of contagion.